Become a Member!
We Want YOU TO BE A MEMBER of the Harbor History Museum!
There are many reasons to support your local museum, but the most important one is the fact that we are 100% community funded – that means without you, there would be no museum. Membership to the Harbor History Museum gives individuals and families exclusive access to programs, exhibits, and events. If you've ever wondered, "How can I best support the Museum?" Without question, the best way is to become a member.
We make membership easy and inclusive. With just two levels, anyone can join the fun. Supporters receive all the main membership benefits listed here. Explorers receive all the main membership benefits PLUS special access to museums across the country (see Explorer benefits below). To become a member, visit the Harbor History Museum, call 253-858-6722, or join online using the links below!
Memberships also make great holiday gifts for friends and family.
Peninsula Society -
Heart of the Harbor
Become a Member of our Peninsula Society with a donation of $150 or more with your membership. Peninsula Society donors are the beating heart of the museum, and the museum is the Heart of the Harbor. Your tax-deductible contributions make it possible for us to provide public programs, educational publications, exhibits, and online research materials.
Peninsula Society donations are cumulative, leading to Lifetime Membership at the $100,000 level. Help make our heart beat by adding a donation to your membership today.
We're proud to have five new Lifetime Members!
All Members Receive:
• 15% off purchases at the Museum Mercantile
• 10% off private events and facility rentals
• Exclusive member-only exhibit previews and events
• Discounts on tickets to select Museum activities
• Subscription to Museum's monthly newsletter
EXPLORER Level Members also receive:
• All membership benefits for a family.
• Downtown Park-n-Walk option from the Museum Parking Lot (with window sticker)
• Free or reduced admission to numerous museums across the country through the Time Travelers Reciprocal Program. See a full list of Participating Museums.
• Inclusion in the North American Reciprocal Museums Association (NARM), one of the largest reciprocal membership programs in the world. NARM has over 822 participating arts, cultural, historical, and scientific institutions. In Washington alone there are over 30 NARM locations. View the full list here.
Peninsula Society Donation Levels
We accept donations at ALL levels and for either capital projects or general operations. Peninsula Society donors can begin as low as the $150 donation level or as high as $10,000+. New tax laws require us to separate Museum Membership from donations, so your Peninsula Society contributions are 100% tax-deductible.
$150 - $1500
$1500 - $15,000
$15,000 - $50,000
$50,000 - $150,000+
Your membership helps us celebrate who we are as a community, as a region, and as a group of people who believe that preserving our history is essential to a healthy future.
As a member, you help promote the history and arts education programming that is vital to the growth of our children's minds and hearts. As a predominantly community-funded museum, we couldn't and wouldn't exist without you. You make our exhibits and programs possible. Thank you!